Monday, February 27, 2012

Roasted Garlic Red Pepper Pesto Cod

Tonight is FISH NIGHT!  Whoo how exciting!!  I do try to have AT LEAST one fish night a week...and tonight was a special one.  I mentioned on an earlier post that I recently gave cod a try and so we went ahead and had it again tonight.

The recipe that I used tonight was not an original creation of mine.  I found it on a wonderful blog that I love to read.  I did make a few changes to the recipe like amounts of spices, different oils were used and again, I chose cod instead of tilapia.  I used more coconut oil than olive oil and also made a much larger amount so that we could have leftovers. 

I will; however, link ya to this recipe so that you can give a try and make any changes you want.

Check out the recipe I used as a guideline.


Here's a picture of how mine turned out.  Topped with avocado of course.  The pesto that was made for the fish was also mixed into a side of vegetables.  Jason and I will split these vegetables in the morning with a side of bacon and yes, fried eggs, and yes, hot sauce.  EAT DINNER FOR BREAKFAST! 

It's only after 8 pm and I am ready to finally whind down for the day.  Woke up at 5 am, had a long day at work,  had to stop by the store afterward, took Jason to school, stopped by the park for a quick workout, came home and made dinner and now we are relaxing listening to some presentations from some of our favorite people on The Paleo Summit.  If you check it out make sure you listen to Dr. Jack Kruse's presentation on Leptin Circadian Cycles....very eye-opening stuff.

OOOHHH!!  Before I forget...my prize possession that I found at the store today was a grass-fed brisket.  We're talkin' a great quality, Angus bovine that walked around and lounged on beautiful green grass, chewin' it's cud and doin' what cattle do best.  This will be our FIRST grass-fed brisket...with that said, enough bloggin' for now...I'm off to do some brisket research!


No comments:

Post a Comment